Sari la conținut

GPS coordinates for offroad an camping

Postări Recomandate

Hi @ all

Im searching fore some gps coordinates for my trip to RO.

When you have some favourite places for camping,offroading, hiking and relaxing in the nature, pleace post it here.

My plan is 1 week in RO Outback.

I drive alone, only me an the Duster, so i'm flexible for the region im driving.

Thx for support

Gruß

Armin

When someone under the impulse of the moment want to visit me, no problem: beer and Vodka on boardB)

Link spre post
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

Hi Felby and congratulations for your choice :)

Here are two nice places for you to visit:

- Orastie Mountains (Sarmisegetuza Regia ruins, Costesti and Blidaru fortifications - 2000 years old) located 25 km from Orastie city... Easy offroad but great views and very nice hiking tracks. GPS Coordinates: 45.625860, 23.310633

- Transalpina road (situated at the highest altitude in Romania)... but pay attention because here is a tricky part: since the road has absolutely no safety elemens - guard fences (at list it hasn't last year when I was on it) some authorities say the road is closed, others (local authorities) said the road is open but on driver's own risk... The road itself and, especially the view from the upper point worth milions of photos. GPS Coordinates: 45.395674, 23.632584

In general, Apuseni Natural Park and Retezat Natural Park are great destinations for easy offroading, camping and hiking and you can visit them within a week. The roads and views here are unbelievably beautiful.

If you are looking for a medium or hard offroad there are here some addicted guys who can hep you :)

Have a nice trip and enjoy your vacation

Link spre post

@ cosminimum

Salut

thx for your post.

Wow, very nice pictures on StreetView of both locations.

nice area to drive to Pitesti, visiting the Birthplace of my Duster.

Mersi

Armin

Link spre post

- Transalpina road (situated at the highest altitude in Romania)... but pay attention because here is a tricky part: since the road has absolutely no safety elemens - guard fences (at list it hasn't last year when I was on it) some authorities say the road is closed, others (local authorities) said the road is open but on driver's own risk... The road itself and, especially the view from the upper point worth milions of photos. GPS Coordinates: 45.395674, 23.632584

Transaplina is closed. I wanted to go last week, but that part that is still "under construction" is closed(10-20 km). The company that was supposed to make it went bankrupt and as a construction site, it is illegal to drive on it. You can get a big fine if the police will find you on that part of transalpina. I do not exactly if there is another way to avoid that part of the road. If i find out I will let you know. I really wanna go and see it too.

You can also try the Transfagarasan (the best road in the world as the guys from Top Gear said). The GPS coordinates are: 45.4729278, 24.6019292 .

If you get near Cluj Napoca or Alba Iulia maybe we can meet and I can show you around:D

When do you intend to come for the Romanian Trip:)?

Link spre post

Damn. Road closed is not good.

No, i didnt want drive the best road in the world ( i see this episode of topgear). I live at german border, there ar the best motorways in the world:lol:

Im coming in 2 weeks an my MT's need workB)

Gruß

Armin

Link spre post

I thought the Transfagarasan and Transalpina are one and the same road. Nice to hear they are not. On my next European tour I will have to do the Transalpina. Does one need a 4x4 vehicle for that?

Link spre post

Alătură-te conversației

Poți începe deja să scrii comentariul și te poți înregistra mai târziu. Dacă ai un cont, te rog, autentifică-te.

Vizitator
Răspunde la acest topic...

×   Alipit ca text avansat.   Restituie formatare

Doar 75 emoji sunt permise.

×   Linkul tău a fost încorporat automat.   Afișează ca link în schimb

×   Conținutul tău precedent a fost resetat.   Curăță editor

×   Nu poți lipi imagini direct. Încarcă sau inserează imagini din URL.

Încărcare
  • Navigare recentă   0 membri

Nici un utilizator înregistrat nu vede această pagină.

• Creează nouă...