Sari la conținut

Combination Of Indicator Lights Shows Up

Postări Recomandate

Hello fellow experts.

I hope you can help me with my issue.

My Duster is 1,5 dci + ESP, 4x4 and was manufactured in 2011.

Detailed description on how and when those warning lights are appearing:

For more than a month, every time I drive steadily on higher speeds (90 km/h and more), 4 lights appeared as shown in attached picture. Then it keeps shining on me until the next stop-start of engine plus I have to move the car for another about 50 meters after a fresh start - just after then the lights turns off. Worse is that when it lights-up as i described, ABS and ESP is not working during that time. Also it is not possible to switch to 4x4. After some days of checking, I noticed first lights that appears are ABS and ESP icons altogether, then about 2-3 seconds after also 2WD and a "wire" icon lights-up. It is important to tell one more time that this only happens when I am driving on higher speeds and the driving is steady without significant steering (e.g. on long straight roads or highways). This does not happen on low speeds.

After checking the user's manual, I have found a part where is written that this could be caused by differently worn-off tires or incorrectly pressurized tires. First thing i checked right away was the pressure, it was all correct. After about a week later i exchanged front wheels for rear wheels and vice-versa to ensure wearing off will become more even. After doing this, I was expecting that these warning lights will disappear after week or two. It doesn't happen, and today it is more than a month without any change.

Do you have somebody similar experience as I do ?

Does anyone know what this combination of lights really means and what could help to sort it out ?

Or maybe .... do you have guys some detailed service manual where these information could be found ? (preferably in English :-) )

Thank you very much in advance for every answer.

Regards,

Juraj

post-596-0-82407200-1422385483_thumb.jpg

Link spre post
Distribuie pe alte site-uri
  • Răspunsuri 19
  • Creat pe
  • Ultimul Răspuns

Top participanti la discutie

Top participanti la discutie

Postari populare

Am comandat piesa din link-ul de mai sus. Se potriveste perfect. Iar eroarea cu cei 4 martori aprinsi a disparut. Problema rezolvata. Aveti mai jos cateva poze si explicații  Piesa care cauz

As far as I know, ELM is no good for renault/dacia as you need CAN-CLIP interface, my advice is not the one you would like to hear but one you really need:   1.have basic mechanical/diagnostic skill

hello there.   so after some time i managed to post an update to this - sorry for delay . i have my car fixed now, but it took some time. i have been using it with that ABS/ESP malfunction for alm

Posted Images

Dear Jurajs

Until now, I don’t have the problem like you describe, but I think is about much more than the quality of tires. If I am correct, is about electronics and sensors of 4x4 system. There is a connection between ABS, ASR, ESP and car’s computer. When you have a high speed, is possible to ,,2WD and a "wire" lights to make you pay attention to a high temperatures in components of 4x4 system. The computer maybe feels that and describe first time, like problem with ABS and next, the problem with 4x4 system.

Anyway, is strongly recommended to check the car to the Dacia representative from your country. There is no other way.

Sorry for such a short answer, but the issues is very complicated, even if is guilty just a single sensor in system.

Editat de spiritdevacanta
Link spre post

(...) For more than a month, every time I drive steadily on higher speeds (90 km/h and more), 4 lights appeared as shown in attached picture. (...)

Hi Jurajs, welcome to our .

You have some serious set of warning lights come up on your dashboard (possible ABS system failure and drive train problems) and you are still driving your car after 1 month??? Sorry to say this but this way you put yourself and your car to a great amount of unnecessary risk...

One day or two is ok to study the symptoms and wait for them to disappear but one month is just too long. The warnings could be caused by two different problems (abs sensor faulty working and some drive-train problem) or it could be just one but more complex.

However it seems to be more serious than trying to investigate it by yourself, so I also advice you to contact your nearest dealer's service.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Editat de timekruzer
Link spre post

Hello @jurajs.

This problem of your car is given by (in principal) problems.

1. The ABS sensors is possible to be dirty (this is the light variant) or can have some problems.

2. Is possible to have some problems wit the oil in the diferential. This can cause overheating.

3. Some electonicaly with the connecting wires can be a problem.

This matters are to be checked to the Dacia Service by the DACOTEC person (with the CLIP)

Link spre post

hi guys !

Thanks for all your answers so far. Can you reveal what your sources are ? Do you have some kind of service manual with list of "error codes" ? ;-) I have just my user's manual and about this particular or very similar icon combination states that this could be cause by:

1. bad front/back wheels ratio (could disappear when tires are changed)

2. or malfunction "somewhere" in electronics

3. nothing else really

well... all those answers are pretty general so there is nothing left for me besides of visiting service(2nd option) or just wait (1st option).

My secret guess was that it is the one with tires not equally worn off or maybe "some" sensor failure. As i said... just guesses.

I was hoping that there is some magic "book of codes" here around and i will be able to find out >>>exactly<<< where problem is :-)

@timekruzer: also according to the manual all those really critical warnings with strong recommendation of visiting service were almost always combination of lights where red "motor" or "exclamation mark" icons were displayed. All others looked kinda like warnings or indication of just one particular issue (like exhaust filter full warning or oil exchange needed - some of those straight forward indications). In my case it is not a first neither second option. Moreover, I have also tested ABS, ESP and 4WD functionality on slow speeds. All was working perfectly, so i had no serious reason to worry, as all my previous cars were not equipped with ABS nor ESP and I drove them safely for ages.

Kind Regards,

Juraj

Link spre post

@danielcojocar

so i don't forget to make point also about your recommendation where you are suggesting that it could be overheating of some kind.

let me explain:

it doesn't matter how high the temperature is or how long i am driving. Only when conditions i described before are met (speed 90+ and straight road for about 20+ seconds), the lights shows up. In the city where the speed doesn't exceed 70 there i can drive for whole day without any problem ....making all parts of a car really HOT... For example: the photo I have posted yesterday was from morning 1-2 minutes after i started the engine and met those driving conditions. you can also see from the picture that the engine was completely cold, the temperature outside was about -10C. well... i barely can believe this is caused by overheating of any kind ;-)

....of course i am not denying your theory in the first place. could be that my car's condition can possibly lead to overheating (in some rare case), but i am 100% sure that no temperature sensor could ever trigger this "warning". Moreover i have been driving really long distances without noticing anything special like smoke, smell, noise, oil leak or whatsoever. All seems just normal, except the fact that those bloody icons are constantly appearing and i can't tell what does it exactly mean (and that gives me real uncomfortable feeling :-) )

live long and prosper,

Juraj

Editat de jurajs
Link spre post

... few small comments from my side:

1. please search this forum ( google helps if you search like "forumduster.ro service manual" ) and you will find the service manual, where, maybe, you can find some list with errors or at least some more places to check things;

2. on Duster's little brother, Logan, on first versions, were some electrical problem of electric ground of the cluster => wrong temperature of cooling liquid display, so check grounding, because, maybe, because of aging of wiring harness this might happen and might have only a false error;

3. MOST RECOMMENDED : visit a service of Dacia capable of running a computer diagnoses, because, if those errors are for real, they are memorized and get a better idea where to look.

Please let us know how you solve this.

Good luck!

Link spre post

hi again !

during my journey to find out what is actually wrong with my duster, I have borrowed ELM327 bluetooth module and tried to read error codes using app torque. i selected "show logged faults" option, but that thing tells me that no errors are recorded .. so all OK :-). I don't need to tell you guys how much i was disappointed. at the same time the icons were shining on me like on picture i attached in the first post, so there is definitely something wrong :-)

maybe i am using that gadget in wrong way. can you somebody guide me how to successfully use this module in order to work properly with dacia duster ?

BR,

JS

Link spre post

Alătură-te conversației

Poți începe deja să scrii comentariul și te poți înregistra mai târziu. Dacă ai un cont, te rog, autentifică-te.

Vizitator
Răspunde la acest topic...

×   Alipit ca text avansat.   Restituie formatare

Doar 75 emoji sunt permise.

×   Linkul tău a fost încorporat automat.   Afișează ca link în schimb

×   Conținutul tău precedent a fost resetat.   Curăță editor

×   Nu poți lipi imagini direct. Încarcă sau inserează imagini din URL.

Încărcare
  • Navigare recentă   0 membri

Nici un utilizator înregistrat nu vede această pagină.

• Creează nouă...